What time does Village Hall Open?

Village Hall is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

 When are the meetings of the Board of Trustees?

The Board of Trustees meet regularly on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM at Village Hall. Meetings are open to the public.

 What do I need to do to install a swimming pool?

Swimming pools are permitted within the Village, however, a construction permit is required prior to installation or construction. Please see the form HERE for an application and pool regulations. 

 What do I need to do to install a shed?

Sheds are considered an accessory structure and are permitted with the following parameters. 

  • May not be placed in front yard.
  • Should not exceed a height of 15 feet.
  • Should be at least 4 feet from any property line or 2 feet if your property is in the Original Town District. 
  • Should not exceed 10% of the rear yard area. 

Building permits are required for sheds prior to installation/construction, applications for which can be found HERE

 Am I allowed to have a fence around my property?

Fences are permitted and require a building permit prior to installation/construction. Fences are subject to the following regulations: 

  • No fence in the front yard shall be taller than 3 feet nor should it be chain link. 
  • No fence in a residential district shall be exceed 6 foot 6 inches in height. 
  • Fences may be placed on the property line, however it is recommended that the adjacent property owners be informed prior to installation. 

 Does the Village accept credit card payments?

You can use your credit/debit card to make online payments for your water utility account by clicking HERE.

 Does the Village have a community room and how can I rent it?

The Village offers a community room located at the library for rent to all Forsyth residents. The community room can be reserved for a half day, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM, with a rate of $30 or a full day, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, with a rate of $75. 

The room cannot be booked more than six months in advance to the month. To check the room's availability, please call Village Hall at (217) 877-9445. 

 How do I sign up for water service?

Signing up for and terminating water service is quick and simple. Click HERE for more information about signing up for and terminating service.

 How do I submit a utility payment?

To submit a water payment, customers may use one of the following options: 
  • Mailed directly to Village Hall at 301 South Route 51, Forsyth, Illinois 62535 
  • In person at Village Hall with check or cash only 
  • Drop Box located on the northwest corner of Village Hall
  • Direct Debit 
  • Online Payment  For PSN utility payment questions, please call 1.877.885.7968.

Please see Water & Sewer Utilities for more information.

 When is the leaf & limb pick up?

Important Note: Severe weather and large quantities of debris may delay services. If you have leaves or limbs that have not been picked up by the designated date, please allow for a few extra working days for services to catch up. 

  • Limb pickup occurs every Monday from March through December. Please place limbs no larger than 10 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length near the street. Limbs will be not taken from a commercial tree removal.
  • Leaf pickup occurs in the Fall and takes place every day during the week.